New Bursaries Blog
HCI foundation bursaries
The Foundation makes a maximum number of 1200 awards per annum to students across the country. The level of the award depends on the total (gross) family or household income before deductions. The award pays a percentage of registration and course fees.
The award does not make provision for other expenses, like travel costs, accommodation costs, or study materials. HCI funded students are committed to their studies, to achieving sound academic results, improving their own lives, and those of their families and communities.
To qualify for the bursary:
· Be a South African citizen, or a refugee with the right to live, study and work in South Africa
· Be under 35 years of age
· Be studying for a ﬁrst tertiary or further education qualiﬁcation
· Be an undergraduate student on a full-time course of study
· Be studying at a public educational institution registered with the Department of Education, or intending to make an application to study
· Have a gross family income of no more than R15 000 per month